- Youth and girlhood studies
- Digital cultures
- Social media and gender
- Dobson, A.S., Robards, B., Carah, N. (eds.) (forthcoming) Digital Intimate Publics and Social Media. Contracted by Palgrave for publication in 2018.
- Dobson, A. S., & Ringrose, J. (2016). Sext Education: Pedagogies of sex, gender and shame in the schoolyards of Tagged and Exposed, Sex Education, 16 (1), 8-21
- Dobson, A.S. (2015). Postfeminist Digital Cultures: Femininity, Social Media, and Self-Representation. New York: Palgrave Macmillan
- Harris, A., Dobson, A.S., (2015).Theorizing agency in post-girlpower times. Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, 29(2), 145-156.