Senior Lecturer in Sociology
University of Newcastle
- Class and Inequality
- Unequal and alternate career trajectories
- Underground and independent creative scenes
- Cultural formations of taste
- Threadgold, S. 2017. Youth, Class and Everyday Struggles. Routledge: London.
- Farrugia, D. Threadgold, S. Coffey, J. 2018. Young subjectivities and affective labour in the service economy. Journal of Youth Studies. 21(3): 272-287.
- Coffey, J. Farrugia, D. Adkins, L. and Threadgold, S. 2018. Gender, Sexuality and Risk in the Practice of Affective Labour for Young Women in Bar-Work. Sociological Research Online. 23(4): 728-743.
- Threadgold, S. 2017. Creativity, Precarity and Illusio: DIY Cultures and ‘Choosing Poverty’. Cultural Sociology. 12(2): 156–173.
- France A. and Threadgold, S. 2016. Youth and political economy: towards a Bourdieusian approach. Journal of Youth Studies. 19(5): 612-628.